Types of Treatment
Orthopaedics is the medical specialty dedicated to preserving and restoring function in the musculoskeletal system, which includes bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves.
Orthopaedic physical therapy is the delivery of care for individuals with disorders or dysfunction of the musculoskeletal system. Let one of our highly skilled orthopaedic physical therapists help you today.
What conditions can be managed by Orthopaedic Physical Therapy?
Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy physical therapists are skilled in the diagnosis, management, and prevention of musculoskeletal disorders. They are experts in the assessment of movement and movement dysfunctions.
The following health conditions are often managed by the skilled orthopedic physical therapists at OSPTKY:
- Low back and neck pain (Degenerative Disc Disease, Stenosis)
- Rotator cuff injuries and other shoulder pathologies
- Hip Pain, Labral Pathology
- SI Joint Dysfunctions
- Osteoarthritis/Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Plantar fasciitis, Heel pain
- Post-operative rehabilitation from orthopedic surgical procedures
- Muscle strains, Trigger Points
- Headaches, Jaw Pain
- Joint sprains/pain/swelling, including knee and ankle injuries
- Chronic pain, Fibromyalgia
- Tennis/golfer’s elbow
- Carpal and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
Free Screen on Us
We offer complimentary screens at all Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy PT locations. If you’ve been dealing with a nagging injury or persistent pain, don’t wait any longer.
Who benefits from Orthopedics Physical Therapy at OSPTKY?
Orthopedic physical therapy is used to treat both non-surgical and post-surgical patients with the following conditions:
- Muscle weakness and imbalance
- Spinal and other joint alignment dysfunction
- Post-operative or inflammatory swelling
- Joint and muscle pain
- Tendonitis and bursitis